Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vincent Lecavalier - Tampa Bay Lightning


In preparation for the upcoming season To occupy myself during the lockout, I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.

#4 Vincent Lecavalier– Tampa Bay Lightning – Center


The Past

This is another one of those moments where it is necessary to warn you, dear readers, that you are about to read a post so full of fangirling it is almost embarrassing. Almost, but not quite.
Vinny is from Quebec and played two years in the QMJHL before being drafted 1st overall by Tampa Bay in 1998. He has played his entire career with Tampa except for the lockout year.  I’m currently refusing to admit this year could be a full season lockout so we’ll just move on…




Yup, that’s a baby Lecavalier with a baby Brad Richards. 


The Love

Where to start...here are Saucer’s top 10 reasons to love Vinny.
    1. He was once the youngest ever NHL captain (Landy now holds that record).
    2. He didn’t immediately live up to expectations but grew up a bit and became a complete baller. Who doesn’t love a comeback story??
    3. Have you actually looked at him? He is seriously freakin hot.
    4. He didn’t get along with Tortorella. I hate Torts.
    5. He was the cover boy for NHL 06.
    6. His captaincy was taken away from him but he worked his ass off, grew into a great leader, and got the “C” back in 2008.
    7. He gave $3 million to a Children’s hospital in Florida. 
    8. Awards, awards, awards! Maurice Rocket Richards Trophy, King Clancy Memorial Trophy, NHL Foundation Player Award, Stanley Cup, four All Star Games. Yeah, suck it Torts.
    9. Epic bromance with Brad Richards.
    10. He’ll throw down a fight but has never fought anybody I really love.

The Hate

I hate that when he smiles like this I am too distracted to hate anything about him at all.



Let’s Get Scrappy

I love that Lecavalier is willing to go toe to toe with Chara. Jesus, Saucer would be running for the hills because Chara is a seriously huge dude. 


And this fight is one of my favorites. Lecavalier must be seriously pissed because he pretty much kicks Iginla’s ass.And I'm sure we all remember from the Iginla post that he has a ton of experience with fighting.



Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 

I’m a huge sucker for hockey bromances and Brad Richards and Vinny Lecavalier make up one of the longest running bromances ever.  They have been friends since they were 14 years old and they played together in high school, QMJHL, the Lightning and even during the 1st lockout in Russia. Now they suffer through dealing with a long distance bromance because Brad went to Dallas for several years and now New York.


Aw Vinny, that smile is just too sweet! Beddee and I have been friends since we were 16 and even though we have never worked together we spend 7.5 hours of our 8 hour work day emailing each other so it feels like we do. We also have a long distance bromance, nah that isn’t right…we’ll call it a hoemance...nope not right either...how about a womance, yeah let’s go with that. Anyway, Beddee and I have a long distance womance because I’ve "pulled a Brad” and moved around a bunch so we really do understand how Vinny & Brad feel.



And yeah, Vinny is EXTRA hot.


God bless Vincent Lecavalier for allowing so many half naked pictures of himself to be on the internet.


I know it’s hard to tell the difference but that really isn’t Saucer in that picture. Amazing how much I look like that super hot chick. Weird...


Let’s Mix in Some Swords

OK, Game of Thrones fans, this is for you. What character was basically a #1 draft pick/future ruler, lost the captaincy/kingdom, then managed to rise up and will be back to claim the captaincy/throne which is rightfully…hers?? You know it, Vinny is absolutely Daenerys Targaryen. He was born to lead his team and although he had some tough years (not nearly as bad as poor Daenerys) he persevered and took back what was his. Vinny = Dany all the way.



And I leave you with one final picture. I tried so hard to come up with an excuse to incorporate the pic of Brad Richards into this post but I couldn't pull it off. I decided not to put it in and then I realized this is my blog and if I want to add a naked Brad Richards picture I will do as I please.



Kisses!
~ Saucer



No comments:

Post a Comment