Sunday, September 2, 2012

P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens


In preparation for the upcoming season I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.

#76 P.K. Subban – Canadiens – Defense


The Past
P.K. Subban is from Ontario and plays defense for the Canadiens. By now everybody is aware that I get really lusty over American defenseman. While PK might not be American his parents are from Jamaica and since that is my favorite vacation spot I hold him almost as dear as I would an American. So yeah, he grew up in Ontario and was drafted 43rd overall in 2007 by the Habs. He played a few more years in the OHL and then moved to the AHL for a year, winning the President’s Award, before jumping in with the big boys.



So I know I usually post draft pictures but he looks so darn cute in this pic from a few years after the draft that I had to post it instead.

The Love
It’s easy to love Subban because he is really, really good at hockey. I’ve been having this awesome fantasy, dream, um, yeah… thought I guess, all summer about how hot he would look in a Flyers sweater. He’s a restricted free agent and we know how well the offer sheet bullshit worked in the Flyers first attempt at a defenseman this summer but I still wish they’d try to make some type of move to get him. But only as long as that move doesn’t involve Sean Couturier.  

Whoever made the video below is brilliant and this is one of the best hockey fan videos around. I love how they intermingle opposing player whining; even Mike Richards can be heard complaining. Yes, I would know that voice anywhere…


And by now you all know I’m a huge sucker for a hockey bromance. Hey, you are the one reading my rambling post so shut your face and quit judging me. Anyway the hockey gods bestowed upon us a beautiful gift and that gift is the friendship between P.K. Subban and Carey Price. I get so excited over a secret handshake anyway and can’t watch the video below without mentally planning a really cool handshake for the next time I see Beddee. But I also can’t help but wonder if Brandon Prust will try to weasel in on this and how angry that would make Brian Boyle…

The Hate
So P.K. is really cocky. Some people hate that about him but not me, I think it is fan-fucking-tastic and I love when he gets opposing players all riled up. This is strange; usually I have at least one rude thing to say under the hate section. OK, I hate that he plays for the Habs. Wait, that is a lie too because I would probably cry if he didn’t play with Carey Price anymore. So yeah, believe it or not, there isn’t a single thing I hate about P.K. Subban. I think he’s a beast on the ice and he’s sexy as fuck. Congrats Subban, this doesn’t happen very often!

Let’s Get Scrappy
I really don’t like Marchand so this one makes me smile. Subban definitely has some big misses but I disagree with hockeyfights.com because I think overall he wins.


The next one is pretty funny. Yikes Lupul, that is kind of embarrassing.

Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 

This video is seriously the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. They are just adorable.

Wait, I take that back. This is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen…



Nope, wrong again. THIS is the cutest thing… you can’t beat #Careycashprizzy



Let’s Mix in Some Swords
So this might seem like an odd connection a first, but P.K is absolutely Robert Baratheon. Physically… well…not so much.


But in his younger days, King Robert was that guy everybody wanted to be friends with. He was fun, partied, did crazy things, had an overabundance of confidence, and was part of a solid bromance with Ned Stark. Sound familiar???


Kisses!
~ Saucer

No comments:

Post a Comment