Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Matt Moulson - New York Islanders


In preparation for the upcoming season I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.

#26 Matt Moulson – New York Islanders – Left Wing

The Past
Matt Moulson is from Ontario and was drafted 263rd overall in 2003 by the Penguins. Damn Moulson, you were a steal! If we could go back to 2003 you would go way higher than the 9th round. So he played for Cornell and was a member of the Quill and Dagger Society ‘cause he’s a badass. Then he bounced around a bit going to the Kings AHL team, the Sharks, and then to the Islanders.

Shitty thing about Moulson going so late in the draft is that I can’t even find a good draft picture and this really bums me out. But what bums me out even more is that I found a pic of Moulson from his Cornell days and he looks exactly the same! There isn’t anything embarrassing about this picture and that just isn’t fair!



The Love













Last season Moulson had 36 goals & 69 points – why doesn’t this guy get more attention? Oh yeah, he plays for the Islanders, bummer. He’s had over 30 goals in every season with the Islanders and played in every freakin game the past 3 years. Too bad he doesn’t have any post season experience – not that I want the Islanders in the playoffs but he’s fun to watch.

The Hate
UGH, I really don’t hate anything about Moulson. He’s kind of an underdog, right? Ninth round pick, bounced around a bit early in his career, gets stuck playing for the Islanders. Well, I guess he’s not really an underdog since I’ve seen pics of his wife and she’s smokin hot plus he makes millions of dollars each year. But still – no hate.

Let’s Get Scrappy
Moulson isn’t a fighter. Seriously not a fighter. The boy hasn’t been in a single NHL fight. Sigh, I’m going to start intentionally picking fighters for these profiles because this is getting lame.

Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 
We’ll start with the obvious, Moulson is hella sexy. Not so much in this pic though – HA HA HA!!!


I really do think he's a cutie but I have a thing for guys who look high all the time and Moulson fits that criteria. Eberle does too, but I digress.

So Moulson has a pretty funny twitter account - @MMoulson – show him some twitter love. He’s entertaining but also obviously a really nice guy. It makes me like him even more.

Here’s a fun fact for you – his wife’s sister is married to this year’s Conn Smythe Winner – LA Kings goalie Jonathan Quick. Holy crap, why can’t I be part of that family? Can you imagine Thanksgiving dinner at their house? Look at Moulson's embarrassed face as Quick is throwing down F-bombs in the picture below. Come on, tell me that isn't what is happening here!



And to wrap it up Moulson gets bonus points from me for being part of the very first You Can Play video. If you don’t know what that means, check it out below. I pretty much love every single guy on here for stepping up to do this first video. Good job boys.




Kisses!
~ Saucer



No comments:

Post a Comment