Sunday, August 5, 2012

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils


In preparation for the upcoming season I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.

#19 Travis Zajac – New Jersey Devils – Center


The Past
Travis Zajac is a good Canadian boy from Winnipeg who was drafted 20th overall in 2004 by the Devils. He played two years for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux - GO SIOUX – and then did a year in the AHL before moving up to play with the big boys in 2006.

Nothing makes me happier than digging up old draft pics. Holy Zach Morris, Zajac!







The Love
Typically I would talk about last season but poor Zajac barely had one. He injured his Achilles and was out almost the entire regular season, but luckily for the Devils he came back like a baller during the playoffs. He had 14 points and 7 goals during the post-season and who could forget the sick overtime goal to push the Devils and Panthers to a game 7? I love me some Zajac!

The Hate
There are not any reasons to hate Travis Zajac. Seriously, I hope you understand that. But as I hang my head in shame I will admit I cursed him a bit during Round 2 of the playoffs this year. My Flyer loyalty kicked in and when Zajac made my boys look silly, like the video below, it made me angry. When I’m angry I drink more. When I drink more I start hatin regardless of whether the boy is a former Sioux and an all-around awesome hockey player. So yeah, I’ll admit that during the game below I hated Zajac a little bit. I’m sorry Travis.


Let’s Get Scrappy
There are few things I love more than a good hockey fight. Zajac doesn’t fight often and that makes it even more exciting when he does. Although hockeyfights.com doesn’t count this as a win, I still thought it was a good effort so good job buddy!!



Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 
Oh poor Zajac has had a sad offseason. He was abandoned by his other half and the epic Parise/Zajac bromance is no more. Yes, Zach Parise left Travis Zajac for Ryan Suter and Minnesota. I can only imagine the sadness poor Travis felt when Zach took off. Who will he throw himself at after every goal? Seriously Zach, how could you?







For you Swords fans who accidentally clicked on Sticks and are now thoroughly confused, check out the video below as Zajac scores with an assist from his buddy Parise. All the emotion, the cheering, the throwing themselves at each other…just an everyday occurrence in a typical hockey bromance.



Kisses!
~ Saucer

No comments:

Post a Comment