Sunday, September 16, 2012

Darroll Powe - Minnesota Wild


In preparation for the upcoming season To occupy myself during the lockout, I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.

#14 Darroll Powe– Minnesota Wild – Center


The Past
Powe grew up in Canada, was undrafted, and played for Princeton for 4 years. He then played for the Phantoms, the Flyers AHL team, for a couple years before signing with the Flyers in 2008.
In June 2011, the craziest month ever for Flyers fans, Powe was traded to the Wild. I would bet money that Richie & Powe are talking trash about Philly in this picture.



The Love
Why like Powe? He’s solid but not flashy. He’s a good player without drama, and I like that about him. Also, he seems like the nicest guy EVER.



The Hate
What is there to hate about Powe? I’m serious. If you know something about him worth some hate please let me know because I’m not coming up with anything. OK, I guess I hate that he's locked out right now. I really, really hate that.

Let’s Get Scrappy
Powe definitely is not afraid to fight, usually getting into a couple fights a year. But he seemed a little more angry this past season in Minnesota, fighting four times last year.
The fight below is one of my favorite fights from last season. Even with Powe’s arm is stuck in his sweater  he manages to throw down an ass kicking.



You didn’t think I could resist showing a Flyers fight, did you? Letang and Powe have fought a few times but this one isn’t so much about the fight but the huge freakin hit Powe lays down right before the fight starts.



Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 
Other than the obvious, which is that he is extra freakin hot, I really think he’s a likeable guy. His bio on NHL.com is one of my favorites. It states that he has dogs named Maple & Moulson, because apparently he is just that Canadian. But my favorite part is that when asked who he would most like to meet Powe stated “the Dos Equis guy”. He didn’t choose a president, sports hero, super hot swimsuit model…nope, he picked the Dos Equis guy. (FYI - I would choose Discover Peggy)



Let’s Mix in Some Swords
In the world of Game of Thrones Powe would be Arya Stark. No, not because I think he’s a little girl but because Arya's skills were constantly underestimated but she developed into a great warrior none the less. Powe was undrafted but still had an awesome college career, becoming Captain at Princeton, and then into the NHL. Arya is a badass fighter, as is Powe. They are both good people and want to do the right thing. But most importantly each time either is on my TV screen I can’t help but smile.

Winter is Coming bitches, well at least for Game of Thrones. Winter isn't coming for quite a while to the NHL. Lockouts suck.

Kisses!
~ Saucer


No comments:

Post a Comment