Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kris Letang - Pittsburgh Penguins

In preparation for the upcoming season I am going to feature one player from every team in the NHL. Goalies are excluded because they’re interesting enough to garner a feature of their own so look forward to that as round 2.
#58 Kris Letang– Pittsburgh Penguins – Defense

The Past
Kris Letang, aka Tanger, grew up in Quebec and played in the QMJHL for three seasons before being going to the Pittsburgh Penguins  62nd overall in the 2005 draft.
I couldn’t find a single Letang draft picture but I found this one from World Juniors with the always amazing Jonathan Toews and baby faced Carey Price. Toews and Price look like middle school kids but Letang already looks like a a freakin man.

The Love
Thank goodness he is the last player I will feature from the Atlantic Division because it’s really difficult for me to praise players from rival teams of my Flyers.  But I’ll admit Tanger is really freaking good. Let me reinforce that, he is really freaking good. But he’s also one of my least favorite players on the Penguins. Wait, this section is supposed to be good things about him, isn’t it? Fine, he’s been an All Star twice, had 42 points in 51 games last season, and has seriously sick flow. See, I can be nice!
 
The Hate
I love to see what auto populates in google when I type in any random name and “is a”. Interesting what popped up for Letang, guess I’m not the only one.

Truthfully my dislike for Tanger is a backhanded way of complimenting him. I don’t like him because he’s good and he plays for the biggest rival team of my beloved Flyers. He’s not a dirty player and seems to be a pretty decent guy off the ice. So yeah, what I’m really saying is he makes my guys work a lot harder and that is why I dislike him. I can absolutely guarantee that if he played for the Flyers or Avalanche I would be rockin his sweater on game days. So there, I managed to say bad things about the guy under “The Love” and nice things under “The Hate”. This post is officially jacked.
Let’s Get Scrappy
Letang is a really good fighter. I hate the video below because he royally beats down my sweet Kimmo Timonen, but since I was the one stupid enough to choose to do a profile on him I guess I’ll show it. The Letang/Timonen fight starts about 1:42.

Next, take a look at this one where the Captain of my new hometown team, Brenden Morrow, shows Letang why he wears the C in Dallas. Christ, Morrow is a beast.

Feed the Inner Fangirl/Fanboy 
Probably the worst thing about Tanger is that he is hot as fuck. Seriously, I would love to pull that hair. To make matters worse he is French Canadian and everybody knows how I feel about that accent, mmmm Danny Briere...
The video below is almost too much. Tanger, are you trying to kills me? Put on your goddamn shirt before all the women in the world have to go to the hospital with heart palpatations!

The hair, the accent, the body, and the tattoos - Mr. Letang you are one sexy man.
 And this completes the Atlantic Division. Next up is the Central Division and my first player profile will be a Chicago Blackhawk. Any guesses on who I will choose???
Kisses!
~ Saucer



No comments:

Post a Comment